On Friday 11th October, approximately 200 guests joined AH+ CEO, Staff and Board members to celebrate the outstanding achievement and the hard work that has been carried out by our Practice Network during the 2018-2019 year.
We welcomed VIP members including Keriana Brooking, Fepulea’i Margie Apa, Ministers and their wives from the Samoan and Tongan HVAZ churches, our sponsors the Royal College of General Practice New Zealand and the Pacific Nursing Section of the New Zealand Nurses Organisation, Pacific Providers and last but certainly not least, our wonderful Practice Network.
A HUGE congratulations to the 30 practices that walked away with top awards, and to all of the practices that received special acknowledgement for their outstanding performance. The Awards were separated into four areas; Ministry of Health Target Awards, AH+ Equity Awards, AH+ Systems and Models of Care Awards and the AH+ Innovation Awards. The AH+ Innovation Awards require practices to self-nominate within the areas of our four strategic goals and submissions are judged by an external, independent panel of judges.
A full list of award winners can be found at the end of this article.
A special ‘thank you’ to our inspiring guest speaker, Anae Dr Neru Leavasa, Clinical Director of The Waiting Room Telehealth Service and GP at Bader Drive Doctors.
In the spirit of giving and gifting, guests were treated to entertainment, in the form of a surprise performance by ‘The Fine Mats’ - a dance troupe comprised of the AH+ team. AH+ staff are a diverse fusion of cultures from Tonga, India, Niue, Cook Islands, China, Fiji, Samoa, Scotland, the Channel Islands, America and Aotearoa woven together to create the Alliance Health Plus team. As such, the performance blended a variety of short traditional dances into one memorable routine which can be viewed below.
You can browse photos from the evening through the link below. You also have the option to download images by clicking on the down facing-arrow in the bottom right-hand corner of the image.
View 'The Fine Mats' - AH+ Staff Dance Performance below:
2019 AWARD WINNERS
MINISTRY OF HEALTH TARGET AWARDS:
1. Achieving 90% Smoking Brief Advice for the 2018-2019 year: Caring Clinic (97%)
Acknowledgements: Bishop Medical Centre, Dr Magan’s Surgery, Flat Bush Medical Centre, Hong Kong Surgery, Sandhu Doctors
2, Highest completion rate of CVDRA across the 2018-19 year: Southpoint Family Doctors (100%)
Acknowledgements: Queen Street Medical Centre, Hall Ave Medical Centre, Fellbrook Medical Centre, South Seas Healthcare, Bishop Medical Centre, Pukekohe South Doctors Ltd, Rosebank Road Medical Services, Alliance Family Healthcare Otahuhu, Hong Kong Surgery, Rosehill Christian Medical Centre, The Airport Doctors, Wood Street Doctors, Avondale Family Health Centre, Otahuhu Family Medical Centre, Victoria Park Medical Suites, Tongan Health Society, Dr Magan’s Surgery, Greenstone Family Clinic
3. Highest completion rate of DARs across the 2018-19 year: Hall Ave Medical Centre (94%) Acknowledgements: Fellbrook Medical Centre, Hong Kong Surgery, Southpoint Family Doctors
4. Ranked with highest in the network across all CVD indicators for total population – primary prevention, secondary prevention and CVDRA: Rosebank Rd Medical Centre
5. Ranked with highest in the network across all Diabetes management indicators for total population – HbA1c control, BP control, microalbuminuria management, primary prevention, secondary prevention, no HbA1c recorded and DARs: Greenstone Family Clinic
6. 95% immunisation rate across the 2018-19 year for the total population, 8 and 24 months: Bishop Medical Centre (100%)
Acknowledgements: Alliance Family Health Care, Hall Avenue Medical Centre, Hong Kong Surgery, Howick Medical Practice, Tongan Health Society, Otahuhu Family Medical Centre, Selwyn House Medical Centre, The Airport Doctors, Victoria Park Medical Suites, Caring Clinic, Flat Bush Medical Centre, Queen Street Medical Centre
7. 80% Cervical Screening total population – small practice: Sandhu Doctors
8. 80% Cervical Screening total population – medium practice: Queen Street Medical Centre
9. 80% Cervical Screening total population – large practice: Waiuku Health Centre
AH+ EQUITY AWARDS:
10. Highest rate of CVDRA completed for Maori men with CVD 35-44yrs (practices between 10-50 eligible patients): Fellbrook Medical Centre (82%)
11. Highest rate of CVDRA completed for Maori men with CVD 35-44yrs between (practices over 50 eligible patients): The Doctors Middlemore (82%)
12. Highest rate of CVDRA completed in practices with 10 to 150 Pacific people with CVD: Southpoint Family Doctors (100%)
Acknowledgements: Pukekohe South Doctors, Rosehill Christian Medical Centre, Victoria Park Medical Suites, The Wood Street Doctors, Hong Kong Surgery
13. Highest rate of CVDRA completed in practices with more than 150 Pacific people with CVD: Fellbrook Medical Centre (97%)
Acknowledgements: Queen St